Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blitz Chess!

Hello everyone. Greetings!!

Today I'll be blogging about my experience at my new office. Nothing much about my new job. But what other lesson I learnt here. This new lesson which I would like to co-relate with life.

I joined Informatica Business Solutions, Bengaluru (Bangalore) in the last month, in the department of Global Customer Support. First of all, STOP! Global Customer Support as you take it etymologically to be a Call center or Service Center kind-of-stuff; beware, its definitely NOT! Its rather more than what a developer does and what a tester assures. Thus making it a very logically challenging vocation. 

This was a very terse detail about what I do here, but now I'm going to write about what I learn, assimilate and strive to enact accordingly. Daily after office hours, I and my colleagues have put up a habit of playing chess. Yes. After office hours its allowed. Its just feeding your brain with much more strategical and logical stuff. I am, particularly, at the learning stage of this game 'chess' (shatranj'). But I not only learn how to play, how the bits move, how you give a check and assure that opposite party doesn't have an option, but what I practice is something called the Blitz chess... 

Yes, guys, this is what I am insinuating about to you all. Blitz Chess. I know it sounds crazy for a normal person. But as you keep on playing in that way you realize, Blitz chess keeps your mind active than usual and helps to take decisions faster. Yes, those might be wrong or right, but, at the end of the day, you learn a very significant thing, that is to take risks. The whole idea behind this is, making your mind more robust and quick about taking chances, that might either end up on the winning side or the otherwise. If you win, you win with the fullest satisfaction. Yes, I can guarantee you on that. But don't be disheartened if you lose. The funda here which I picked up is not repeating the Mistakes again. 
Learn from your 'RAPID' mistakes.
Along with the rapid moves that you make, thinking and deploying new strategies to hold up your opponent in a deadlock is also a crucial learning. Whenever you think of making a move just analyze whether that move will be beneficial in your next moves. Devise those in such a way that opponent should be cajoled to take another way.
Plan the 'QUICK' way.
And the third, sometimes sacrificing your own bit to let the other commit some mistake so that you take a grip on the game. 
Compel the opponent to do an 'ERR'!!
And all that remains is practicing these fundas. That's all! See, a competent Chess player is standing now. But WAIT, ever wondered how this can be related to our happenings in our life. Our life is much more analogous to this game. One wrong move and you fall abyss. But a single move could change the whole course of the game.

What we do in our whole lifespan...?? Candidly speaking we do nothing but "Take decisions". From the moment we are born till we breathe our last breath. TAKING DECISIONs

Right or Wrong doesn't matter, but what matters is how you support your decisions in a apt way. How you strategically backup all your plot for making your decisions right. As one of my mentors, his name is Jayavardhan Kale, says:
"A decision at any point of time is never wrong. The circumstances play a very vital role in compelling you to take a decision."
Augmenting to the above said quote, my engineering college friend Upasana states: 
"A decision  taken is never right or wrong. After you take a decision you have to make it right by your ways and means."
See, finding something analogous to the game. Chess, take a move, stick to it, make it right.

Some decisions give you the strength and the courage to hold up against your problems (your opponent). These blitz decisions make you more stronger and dauntless. Many of you would point to the cliched adage 
"Haste is Waste.
Yeah that's partially true. Sometimes we end up blundering some task that was almost on the verge of completion.

But, 
'Time & Tide wait for none.'
another proverb I learnt in my 4th grade, is very much applicable here. 

Just like the moves in chess, your decision making time improves your self confidence. And eventually it boils down to a point where you isolate some endless possibilities and focus on only the valid and legitimate paths. Thereby facing your problems with equanimity and making you the competent player of this game and have the triumph! 

NOTE: This very term Blitz Chess is used by me and my colleague Mohit Yadav, who is being the whole inspiration behind practicing this kind of play. And also not to forget my other office colleagues Akash Mehrotra and Mukul Shukla who have pushed me and urged me to play this game when I was at the beginner stratum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment